Hi, welcome to Alien Anthology Wiki! Probably nobody has yet looked at your edit to the User blog:Freighttrain, The/Dictum on Xenomorph Hive Dynamics and Reevaluation of Nomenclature page, but someone will.
- Not immediately no, why do you ask? Freighttrain, The (talk) 19:15, July 31, 2019 (UTC)
Xenomorph article Edit
Hi Freighttrain, I've been seeing you around for quite some time making the blog posts regarding the Xenomorphs and the Yautjas and they're very nicely detailed. Now regarding your proposal to feature the Xenomorph caste article on the Alien Anthology Wiki, I would have to say no, at the moment at least. The reason is that this Wiki solely focuses on the Alien franchise, which means the Alien movies, as well as other Expanded Universe materials (comics, novels, video games, etc). The Wiki tries to avoid crossover materials, unless it's unavoidable, such as the 13th issue of the Aliens Kenner comics, which is an Alien vs. Predator crossover.
Another reason is the complicated "nature" of the Alien canon continuity due to narrative differences on numerous media related to the franchise. Again I must apologize for declining your offer, however you are welcome to update and create your blog posts on this Wiki. Dino crisis fan (talk)
- Hello and thank you for your quick reply, now regarding Xenomorph varieties from crossover media, I can simply omit certain varieties from such an article and this is something that you and I can discuss regarding what varieties are relevant according to the Alien Anthology wiki's canon.
- Would it then be appropriate to display an Alien Anthology wiki canon version of my Xenomorph classification system in an article?
- This could be a fantastic new feature as the Alien Anthology wiki would be the only wiki (and anywhere else on the internet) to feature an article with a comprehensive Xenomorph classification system (Xenopaedia; whilst still displaying it; does not link to the outdated and untidy version of my Xenomorph classification system from any other articles and so a casual or otherwise browser would not be likely to happen upon it there) and this could greatly increase interest and activity in the Alien Anthology wiki, especially as Xenopaedia's admin have not shown an interest in updating or displaying more prominently my Xenomorph classification system. Freighttrain, The (talk) 14:33, October 31, 2019 (UTC)
- Creating an Alien Anthology canon version of my Xenomorph classification system wouldn't too difficult as I already have experience with this having created my own personal canon version, so I can tell you that the process wouldn't be too clunky or time consuming on your end. Freighttrain, The (talk) 13:48, November 3, 2019 (UTC)
Hi, thanks for the message.
I will look at your blog posts.
I plan to write more stuff on the USCM arsenal/tech as well and maybe move away from the "Top 10 aesthetic".
- Well regarding the USCM, I plan to convert my USCM arsenal blog post to the neater and easier to read table format that I have been using for my Xenomorph classification system.
- Though if after you've read my blog posts you found you liked them (particularly my dictum on Xenomorph hive/caste dynamics), be sure to let me know if you would be interested in any kind of creative collaboration where we would be communicating via e-mail or elsewhere out of public view. Freighttrain, The (talk) 19:24, November 12, 2019 (UTC)