Ross along with fellow Aliens co-stars William Hope, Jenette Goldstein and Cynthia Dale Scott have recently signed the online petition that was started by fans to ask for female characters to be playable in the upcoming Aliens: Colonial Marines.
Alien franchise creditEdit
- Aliens (1986)
- The Dirty Dozen: Next Mission (1985) - Arlen Dregors
- Death Wish 3 (1985) - The Cuban
- Spies Like Us (1985) - WAMP Guard
- Aliens (1986) - Pvt. Frost
- Body Contact (1987) - Smiley
- The Bill (1989) - Maxi Silver
- Murder on the Moon (1989) - Alvarado
- The Return of Sam McCloud (1989) - Rifkin
- Magic (1991) - Merrick
- Gulliver's Travels (1996) - Brobdingnag Scientist
- Mission: Impossible (1996) - Denied Area Security Guard
- Babylon 5 (1997) - Captain Frank
- Nate and the Colonel (2003) - Nate Washington
- ER (2006) - Barnard
- The Least Among You (2009) - Marvin Kelly
- Hydra (2009) - Broughton
- Apocalypse According to Doris (2011) - Bauer
- Hayabusa: Harukanaru kikan (2012) - Dr. Daniel Clark
Ross was born in Chicago, Illinois at Cook County Hospital, is the 5th of 8 children with three additional step sisters and another brother from his father and with his first wife.
Ross begin acting in a local high school production. He continued with this development of a new career going to a local Community College where he majored in Theater, moving forward to Florida Atlantic University (FAU) where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Theatre, earning a scholarship to UCLA where his career began to develop. His first TV role was as an extra on the "Young and the Restless", then a small part on the hit series "Hill Street Blues" opening the door for more TV and Movie Roles. Ross however felt frustrated in Hollywood due to him being typecast playing gang roles and decided to move to London, where he attended the London Academy Of Dramatic Arts (LAMDA).
Ross had been offered a role in Stanley Kubrick's 1987 film, Full Metal Jacket. Before filming started, Ross met with James Cameron and was also offered a role in Aliens, but was initially reluctant having already signed on for an 8 week contract for Full Metal Jacket's filming and that it would overlap with Aliens by 1 week. Although Cameron allowed Ross to still work on Aliens one week late, Kubrick would not guarantee that he would be done filming by 8 weeks. Ross ultimately turned down Full Metal Jacket to appear in Aliens.
Ross also appeared in the films Mission Impossible and Fierce Creatures. During the late 1980s and early 1990s, he lived and worked in the United Kingdom, leading to guest appearances on Doctor Who ("The Greatest Show in the Galaxy") and Jeeves and Wooster. Ross also co-starred as Nate in the film "Nate and the Colonel". He also played in Charles Bronsons "Death Wish 3", "Spies Like Us" with Dan Akroyd and Chevy Chase, the "The Dirty Dozen: The Next Mission" with Lee Marvin, "Displaced Person", Hydra and many more films. Ross is appearing in various commercials, as well as television shows shown throughout the United States.