The Draco Double Burner, also referred as the "Incinerator" or the "Flamer" is one of the most versatile weapons available to the United Systems Military. It is primarily a Flamethrower unit, but can be used as an Assault Rifle and a Grenade Launcher. The Grenade launcher mode is seen used by Johner in the Flooded Kitchen, it is fired at a Xenomorph, but it dodges it, only for it to destroy the other one. The Flamethrower mode is seen used by Ripley 8 to destroy the previous seven failed Ripley clones.
The Draco Double Burner is primarily designed as a military flamethrower, capable of firing and igniting a stream of liquid fuel. However, the weapon can also operate as an assault rifle or a grenade launcher, allowing it to be utilized in any number of different situations and giving it a level of versatility few other weapons systems possess. Larger and more powerful than the other rifle used by the USM, the Lacrima 99 Shockrifle, the Draco extends to more than three feet in length.
- The use of the Draco in Alien Resurrection continued the tradition of flamethrower weaponry featuring in the films of the Alien franchise — Alien prominently featured the Flame Thrower, Aliens featured the M240 Incinerator Unit and Prometheus would also feature a flamethrower. Despite not featuring flamethrowers, the prisoners in Alien3 also used fire as a weapon against the Dragon.
- The Draco Double Burner has often been labelled the AR-2 (or AR2 and Ar-2) on many prop websites. Similarly, the Lacrima 99 Shockrifle has often been labelled the AR-1 (or AR1 and Ar-1). Exactly where these names originate from is unknown. However, it is possible they are behind-the-scenes names used during the design process, used to identify them before the designers had decided on the specifics of each weapon.
- Although far more Lacrimas are seen being used by USM soldiers aboard the Auriga in Alien Resurrection, the images of the props found on The Alien Anthology Archives bonus disc first included in the 2010 Alien Anthology indicate that the Draco was "The primary rifle used on the Auriga". It is possible the roles and prominence of the two weapons were switched during production.
- Aliens Predator Collectable Card Game - card 32 - Draco Double Burner
- Joss Whedon (writer) and Jean-Pierre Jeunet (director). Alien Resurrection [DVD]. 20th Century Fox.
- Alien Anthology (2010)/Prometheus to Alien: The Evolution - The Alien Anthology Archives - Alien Resurrection - Production - Photography - Production Image Galleries - Production Props: Weapons