Alien: Out of the Shadows is a 2016 audio drama adaptation of the novel of the same name. It is directed by Dirk Maggs and stars Matthew Lewis, Laurel Lefkow, Corey Johnson and Rutger Hauer. It was published by Audible Studios on April 26, 2016, to coincide with Alien Day.
As a child, Chris Hooper dreamed of monsters. But in deep space, he found only darkness and isolation. Then, on planet LV178, he and his fellow miners discovered a storm-scoured, sand-blasted hell — and trimonite, the hardest material known to man.
When a shuttle crashes into the mining ship Marion, the miners learn that there was more than trimonite deep in the caverns. There was evil, hibernating and waiting for suitable prey. Hoop and his associates uncover a nest of Xenomorphs, and hell takes on a new meaning. Quickly they discover that their only hope lies with the unlikeliest of saviors...
- Hooper .... Corey Johnson
- Baxter .... Matthew Lewis
- Sneddon .... Kathryn Drysdale
- Lachance .... Mac McDonald
- Kasyanov .... Andrea Deck
- Welford .... Nathan Osgood
- Powell .... Abdul Salis
- Garcia .... Regina Brandolino
- Jordan .... Barbara Barnes
- Vic .... Tom Alexander
- MU-TH-UR 6000/The Marion Computer .... Tom Alexander
- Ripley .... Laurel Lefkow
- Ash .... Rutger Hauer